Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Day, I have a Pavilion Gaming which I purchased used off ebay. The unit is fitted with a GTX 1650 however I am unable to set the display resolution to 1920x1080. I find it strange that a device with additional graphics would not be able to display at 1080p.
I did a restore using HP cloud recovery tool and the system has been reset to factory default windows 10 .

I have done some reading on this forum and saw that based on the SKU, it is possible to determine the display which the device would have been configured with.

Pavilion003_0-1656639921922.png

Can anyone assist in determining whether the display i have fitted is incompatible with that resolution? The highest option i am seeing is 1366x768

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Pavilion003 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.55 Rev.A23.4 MBJun 5, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Install graphics driver

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

27.21.14.5241 Rev.A727.7 MBNov 27, 2020Download

(3) Reboot and test again ...

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi, 
Thanks for the prompt response. 
I downloaded the BIOS update and ran it.
I also downloaded the graphics driver however, while downloading I checked  nVidia settings and believe i am running the same version which u prompted me to download. 

Pavilion003_0-1656643269103.png

I still ran the .exe file for the Graphics driver. 
rebooted system and same 

Pavilion003_0-1656643782895.png

I still am unable to raise resolution to 1080p

HP Recommended

Pavilion003_0-1656645285258.pngPavilion003_1-1656645306330.png

When i checked windows update i found the following updates were missing. I am installing them in hopes of a resolution

HP Recommended

Hello @Pavilion003 

Take time, that's a good plan...

best regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Pavilion003 

After windows update is finished: "You're up to date" ...

ub6424_0-1656647108384.png

Check the windows <device manager>:

- Are there any 'unknow device' entries ?

- What <display adapters> are shown?

Please send screenshots, so we can double check

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Pavilion003_0-1656978872534.png

I am current with windows updates.

Pavilion003_1-1656978926720.png

Windows is also seeing my graphics adapter without issues.

I suspect the laptop may be fitted with a 1366x768 display. One thing i have noted is that the serial number that i see underneath the laptop does not match with the one i see in HP support assistant.

HP Recommended

Hello @Pavilion003 

Follow these steps:

(1) In Device Manager, expand category  Monitors.

ub6424_0-1656979998338.png

(2) Right-click on Generic PnP Monitor (or whatever the name is ) and select Update Driver Software… from the pop-up menu.

ub6424_1-1656980105202.png

(3) Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

ub6424_2-1656980153794.png

ub6424_3-1656980198813.png

(4) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

OK i followed directions and no updated driver was found for monitor

Pavilion003_0-1657014399056.png

HP Recommended

Hello @Pavilion003 

(1) In windows <device manager> please uninstall device 'Generic PnP Monitor', confirm and reboot

(2) Test again

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.