Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-inch IPS LED Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the monitor hooked up currently to my ASUS laptop.

When the monitor first starts, it displays properly.  After a few moments however, the screen changes to where on one side the monitor is displaying normally and slowly fades to black as you look across the screen.

To further clairify, it does not fully go black nor does the transition I'm mentioning mean the screen goes black slowly. It just looks like half my screen is in the shadows.

I was originally using a VGA cable and when the problem occured, unplugging and re-plugging the cable or restarting the monitor fixed the problem for a while.

Thinking it was the cable I went and got a HDMI cable which gave me no problem for hours and now is stuck in the same problem. However, now, neither restarting the monitor nor replugging the cable does anything.

Also, when trying to take a picture with gyazo to share, the monitor appeared normal in the photo. Not sure what that means about my issue.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Nishru, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the monitor is fading to black when you connect it to the laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to the monitor?

Have you tried checking with different video cable or a different monitor?

Have you connected the video cables securely to the monitor?

Have you tried checking with a different power cable on your monitor?

Have you connected the monitor to a different PC does the issue persist?

You did a tremendous job by trying out the steps yourself before reaching out to us.

Check if the brightness has reduced on the monitor.

Open the OSD menu and select Brightness to adjust the brightness scale as needed.

Also, To access the OSD and make adjustments, do the following:

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the Power button to turn on the monitor.
2. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the right side of the monitor or on the
remote control.
3. To navigate through the OSD menu, press the + (Plus) button on the monitor’s side panel or on
the remote control to scroll up, or the – (Minus) button to scroll down.
4. Select management from the list and select factory reset. 
5. After adjusting the function, select Save and Return, or Cancel if you don’t want to save the
setting, then select Exit from the Main menu.

Please try performing a hard reset on your monitor;

1. Disconnect the power cord from the monitor.
2. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
3. Plug the power cord back into the pc.

Refer the monitor user guide to know more information. Link

Note: Refer page 20 for more information.

If the monitor works fine on a different PC. It an issue with your laptop. Try updating the graphics drivers and BIOS on your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with your monitor.

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When you connect your monitor to some other laptop, does it show the same symptoms?

[Have a friend bring their laptop to your location, to do the testing.]

When you take your laptop to a friend's location, and connect your laptop to their monitor (or to their high-definition TV), does it show the same symptoms?

+--------------------------------+---------------+

Symptoms?       | your monitor | other monitor |

+-----------------+--------------+---------------+

| your computer   |     yes      |      ?        |

| other computer  |      ?       |      ?        |

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot, thanks for taking the time to help out.

No changes have been made to the monitor.

I have the same issue with both a vga cable and a hdmi cable. I have also tried connecting the monitor to two different computers.

The cables are secure.

I have not tried a different power cable.

Brightness is maxed out.

I disconnected it from power and held power for 30 seconds and also left it disconnected for four days.

HP Recommended

@Nishru

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service. 

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.