Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs148nl

IMG-20200928-WA0003.jpg

I have this problem with monitor....It often happens and only if I close and open the monitor, It correctly restarts working....what should i do?? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mirko75, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried connecting an external monitor and check if the issue persists?

If you do not have an external monitor, you may check on the BIOS screen for these lines.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.

3. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

If the issue persists, let us run a hardware test

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test.
  4. You may also run a Video test. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you but I didn't solve the problem.

I haven't an external monitor, so I updated the BIOS, installed Hp support assistent and checked updates. I run extensive test and also run video test.....but nothing....It's ok.  It has been only detected a logic state battery "weak" (in fact, pc suddenly turn off when it's no connected  by ac adapter....despite battery is 70%)

Thank you for your help

Mirko

HP Recommended

@Mirko75

Did you check on the BIOS screen if you see these lines?

You can also run a battery test to check its functionality.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

These lines aren't always present. The appears sometimes and only if I close and open the monitor, they disappear, I've already check the battery. Risult: logic state "weak". My laptop often suddenly turn off despite battery level is 50/70%, so I must connect laptop to AC adaptor and turn it on. 

Thanks

Mirko

HP Recommended

@Mirko75

Thank you for posting back.

If it's an internal display issue then you need to service the laptop and in order to diagnose the battery follow the below step. 

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer. 

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.