1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Mouse is running away

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

We have recently set up a new PC. It is HP EliteBook 850 G7, serial No 5CG1017BRF. Colleague used trackpoint and accidentally touched the touchpad with a side of his palm. After that the mouse starts to move on its own to the corner of the screen. Over time the problem can disappear or it only gets faster. Is this a hardware issue and should we send the computer to the warranty diagnostics or is there something we can check from our side and potentially fix? I tried running the HP diagnostics on this computer, but it won't start. It says the system cannot find the file and I don't have enough permissions to do and access everything.

Please let me know what can be done to solve this. Thanks in advance!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation