Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360 x M6 aq105dx

I would like to set up a 3-monitor (2 external and the laptop monitor) station for my HP Envy 360 x M6 aq105dx.  I was told that the video card will support it but it has been a nightmare.

I originally bought a simple HDMI splitter and ran 2 HDMI cords from that one split port to 2 external monitors. It would display on both monitors but the 2 external were exact copies of each other and not extended. I was told by a help chat that this is because they were both coming out of the same port. 

I now have 1 external monitor hooked up through my HDMI port and am in search of a way to connect the 2nd external monitor with one of the other ports. This leads to my big questions:

What ports on this laptop are video supported? Or which ones can I use to hook up the second external monitor?

I assumed that my best bet would be the USB 3.1 C port; however, I have now bought and returned THREE USB 3.1 C to HDMI adapters that will not work with the computer. Does anyone know of a USB 3.1 C to HDMI/DVI/VGA adapter that works with this laptop? (If there are any budget-friendly routes that would be much appreciated as well...I'm a poor college student so I don't need the 150 dollar USB 3 Tower will  a ton of ports)

As well if anyone has had success with doing 2 external monitors with this laptop please help a guy out!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please refer to this thread. It might be the answer you're looking for.

Run Two Monitors from HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible: SOLVED

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I appreciate your response. However, as you can read in my original post I would prefer not to spend 150 bucks on a docking station I don't need all the extra ports. Is there an option that is a little more price effective? I really just want a USB 3.1C single adapter to HDMI or DVI

HP Recommended

Be aware that not all USB-C ports are able to carry a video signal.

More information here: Connect a computer with USB-C port to an external display

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have the same setup as yours. I wonder if you already found a solution for this?

Thank you,

barce59

HP Recommended

image.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.