Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has NVIDIA GT630M and I am trying to use two monitors along with my laptop display. But both the monitors are being duplicated and not extended. I have tried to close the laptop lid then I cannot see the multiple displays option.

I think GT630M doesn't support 3 displays (laptop display and dual monitors). Laptop also has Intel HD Graphics 4000 (not sure if it makes any difference). I am not sure what are my options here. I don't want to buy another laptop (an upgrade is fine but I highly doubt it will be easy) just for the sake of 3 displays support. Can someone please help me here? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rock2705

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need help connecting two external monitors to your HP laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you ensured all monitors are set to use the same resolution?

While you respond to that, here's a related post that may help your case:

Click here to view the same.

Reply back with the product information for further assistance.

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Rock2705

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need help connecting two external monitors to your HP laptop,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you ensured all monitors are set to use the same resolution?

While you respond to that, here's a related post that may help your case:

Click here to view the same.

Reply back with the product information for further assistance.

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have cut the VGA cable and it worked. I can see use the two monitors but not the laptop screen which is fine with me. Thank you for the reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.