Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Acer Aspire E5-574
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP w2207h screen (used as extension for a laptop) now suddenly goes black after just a few minutes of operation. Displays "No signal - Going to Sleep". Tested the HDMI cable and it is not the culprit. Unplugging and replugging makes the screen to properly display - but only for one second.

Turning the screen on and off has no effect (the "no signal" message remains). The only way I can recycle it back to a live display (for couple minutes) is to restart the laptop - which I cannot practically do every few minutes. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks again KT. Tried online HP Sustomer Support but they do not recognize product # GM757AA. I guess the HP w2207h monitor is too old, and I will need to buy a new one.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@goguy58

Welcome to HP Community

Since the display comes back after restarting the Laptop, it could be an issue with the drivers installed on your Notebook

I suggest you try connecting the monitor to another computer and check if your face the same issue

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, KrazyToad. I hooked up the monitor to a desktop butit also behaved weirdly: it displayed fine for a few minutes butit  contained an error message "Incorrect Input Signal - Please change resolution to 1680 x 1050 60 hz" that traveled constantly across the screen. The resolution was already correctly set and the error message could not be removed (trough various tried actions). Eventually, after 5 minutes or so the screen went black.

So the question remains: a monitor gone rogue or bad video/adpater drivers?

HP Recommended

@goguy58

Since you have already confirmed the issue persists with another computer, then it is a problem with the monitor

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again KT. Tried online HP Sustomer Support but they do not recognize product # GM757AA. I guess the HP w2207h monitor is too old, and I will need to buy a new one.

HP Recommended

@goguy58

Thanks for keeping me posted ðŸ˜Š

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.