37 31 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Nvidia GT 740 NEVER WORKED

HP ENVY 15t-j000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I Have a HP ENVY 15t-j000 with an Nvidia GT740M,  but I could never make this graphic card to work.

All the times that I tried to install the drivers I receive a sucessful message and seems to be installed and running, but after some time I started to receive some BSOD from nvidia drivers. I have tried some new drivers, some old, but always with the same error.

I was thinking to install the same driver version that came with the recovery partition, but I dont have the recovery partition anymore.

Does anyone konw wich is the factory nvidia driver version?

Its possible to download the recovery partition again?

Does anyone know what can I do and how to proceed ?

ps: I don't have the recovery partition anymore.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4047 4036 385 836
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This Nvidia driver is for your system.

If no work then maybe someting is wrong on your system board.

You have no HP recovery partition. This is not good. No HP recovery discs available.

You will see problems if things go bad and you have to rebuils system.

You can download Windows 7 install media here. Then install HP drivers for Windows 7 here if your PC goes bad.

Thr Grzy

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
37 31 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my recovery partition got corrupted while I was creating a new partition and I've lost it all the disk :/

I've already formated and installed the system a bunch of times, trying the nvidia drivers from HP's website, from Nvidia website, from Windows Update but in all the cases I have the same problem, when I tried to use the GT740m the system hangs with a BSOD.

Its a shame that all HP laptop always have some kind of issue, this laptop has a good configuration, but the graphic card doesnt work, the hinge is broken, and no warranties from HP.

I will try to install this driver that you suggested me and see the results, hope that it works.

Thanks,
Guilherme

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation