Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion i7-6700 HQ CPU 2600 GHz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP laptop 3 years ago as my 10-year-old ACER was on its last legs. Funnily enough, the ACER kept gong for another year and a half so I did not start using my HP until it was a year and a half old and only had 6 months left on the warranty. A year later the screen went pink, ALTHOUGH I HAD BEEN USING THE LAPTOP PLUGGED INTO THE MAINS WITH THE BATTERY OUT AND THE SCREEN UNUSED IN THE CLOSED POSITION AND CONNECTED TO A SMART TV VIA HDMI LEAD. So the screen was virtually unused. Now I am told by HP that as it is over the 2 year warranty period the laptop requires a new screen which I will not fork out for as it is ok on the monitor. However, I do like to take it when I go on holidays, but hotels don't ever have smart TV' s in their rooms so it is a pain. I just bought a HP printer to match the laptop which is a complete pain to use even with the HP laptop. My say is this,  I will never buy the utter rubbish that HP churns out again. I will stick to ACER whose laptop served me well for over 11 years and was still in good shape except the HDMI port wore out and it did not have Bluetooth so I would need to change the motherboard. I also found that ACER service is first class. Stay away from HP rubbish

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sumarianson

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.