3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My Pc is taking a too much time to open an application

HP Recommended
HP Probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day

my pc was working well but the problem is that it came with Windows 7 os, so i decided to upgrade to a better version (Windows 10), and that's where the problem starts. i discovered that whenever i open an application it takes longer than normal to open the app, at first i thought it was a problem with drivers; but then i updated all my drivers but the problem still continues.

i tried going back to the previous windows(Windows 7) to see if it will be resolved but the problem still continues. i have tried several methods to solve the problem but nothing seems to be working.

pls i would be very happy if i could find a solution 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
28,474 28,394 2,600 6,232
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kadima224 

This issue is often due to a failing drive. So, let's check that first, because if it is failing, it would need to be replaced and there is no point then in doing anything else until we confirm that.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu
3) Press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.
If the drive checks out OK, then report that and I can provide you options for reinstalling Windows on your PC.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks WaWood for the reply,

i have done the hard drive test and they are  working well.

but the problem still continues, imagine when i wanted to use just the NOTEPAD app; it took almost two minutes before the app finally pop's up and opens, but the app will run smoothly (except for high graphics demanding app) after it's opened

Bellow is a picture of what i think the problem might be, here my dedicated memory is just 32mb despite the fact that am 6gb RAM, so my question is, will the problem be solved if i increase my dedicated memory? and how do i go about increasing it?Report.PNG

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Report.PNG

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation