Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Spectre x360 webcam looks really bad

spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an hp spectre x360 today and my webcam looks really really bad, I've watch reviews of the computer online and the videos using the webcam look way better than mine does, could there be something wrong with my computer? Is there something I can do regarding the settings? 

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16542 952 2192
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tudela,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your  HP Spectre x360 and issues with the WebCam looking really bad.  Here is a link to check your settings in the WebCam. It has a section inside the document for Quality issues.

What program are you using?

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
EpicSuzy Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - I have the same issue - the links to the FAQs are pretty useless - even setting 1280*720 30fps recording settings it's extremely grainy, sound is distorted, and apparently only records at 15fps anyway.  Picture quality looks 640*480 with digital zoom - it's almost like the settings aren't applying.  Also what is the native video recording app I'm supposed to use? "Camera" from windows store was the one I've ended on but tried YouCam 7 but was just a trial.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation