Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15 p206tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Webcam Camera is not working.

-Checked Device manager Hp Camera software is not working. 

-went to device manager, hp camera properties then updated , it was not working,.. Finally Uninstalled

- Checked for update manually , but couldn't find solution. 

-Still the WebCam is not working,... 

- kindly solve my problem. 

-how can i get back to recording in webcam again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shantanu-111
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

Use these basic steps to troubleshoot the webcam.

Step 1: Locate and toggle the webcam privacy switch or press the webcam shutter key

Select HP notebook models come with a webcam privacy switch or a webcam shutter key that turns the webcam off and on. By default, the webcam is turned on.

Webcam privacy switch

The webcam privacy switch is located on the side of your computer. To turn off your webcam, slide the webcam privacy switch toward the icon next to the switch. To turn the webcam back on, slide the switch away from the icon.

Locating the webcam privacy switch

Webcam shutter key

The webcam shutter key is located on the action key row of your keyboard. To turn off your webcam, press the webcam shutter key. To turn the webcam back on, press the shutter key again.

Webcam shutter LED

Webcam status

Webcam shutter key (light on)

LED on: The webcam is off.

Webcam shutter key (light off)

LED off: The webcam is on.

Figure : Webcam shutter key location

Webcam shutter key location

Step 2: Configure your antivirus software

You might need to adjust your firewall settings to include the webcam software as an allowed application. See your antivirus software documentation for more information.

Step 3: Verify that your app can use the webcam (Windows 10 only)

Use these steps to make sure your app can access your webcam.

1. From the Start menu, click SettingsPrivacy, and then click Camera.

2. In the Allow apps to access your camera section of the menu, choose the setting that is most applicable for your webcam.

3. Under Choose which apps can access your camera, select your preferred individual settings to On or Off.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.