cancel
Ducushor Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My graphic card (GeForce GTX 950M) is never active?

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you for your reply.

I decided to use this support channel since in Romania, my country, it seems the only way to have support is to call a number, but the schedule is limited, and their schedule ends before I am back from home, and no support is provide on week-ends.

Aditionally, the upgrade to M.2 SSD i was performing by myself two months ago (after carefully reviewing these forums) was made after the one year warranty expired.

So, if no other option is available, seems I wil need to have a day off from the ofice to be able to contact the local support.

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,097 39,573 6,155 10,679
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My graphic card (GeForce GTX 950M) is never active?

If you go down into the task bar in the lower right do you have an nVidia control panel option? You need to set the video to run from the nVidia card on a program by program basis. An easy way to check it is with Google Earth. Set GE to run using the high-powered video option and see if you don't get much faster navigation. Use OpenGl mode. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation