Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Highlighted
irf3 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hdmi and webcam is not working

pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my hdmi and webcam is not working anymore, after restoring to factory setting.  

5 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5216 267 342
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@irf3

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, HDMI connection and webcam is not working after performing a factory reset, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

How did you reinstall an operating system?

Have you performed Windows Update? 

Do you find webcam drivers in Device Manager? 

Are you trying to connect an external monitor? 

What is the error message while using HDMI Port?

Have you tried using different webcam application to check the functionality of webcam? 

For Webcam issue, you could refer to this article: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02452221

For HDMI issue, refer to this article: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01186408

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

0 Kudos
irf3 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, i did a factory reset, and internal recovery.  I also did a window update.   

There is no webcam driver in device manager, and i have instal cyberlink youcam which does not recognise any webcam

Yes i am trying to connect as an external monitor, ideally extend monitor.  There is no error message, i just does not go to my TV.  TV says no signal, and on screen resolution, cannot find external monitor.  I am sure it is a driver issue rather than hardware, as both webcam and hdmi were working perfectly before the factory reset.  

I would be grateful to get some assist.  

I went on hp driver support and updated intel hd, no luck

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@irf3

Thank you for your reply.

As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I truly appreciate your patience and efforts. 

Did you perform the steps for the webcam from the link provided in the previous post? If yes and if the webcam is still not detected in the device manager, then the webcam might have become unplugged internally and requires service.

You may review the page# 103 of the service guide for steps to check the internal connection of the webcam. 

Also, you may download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will detect and install any missing drivers/updates for your laptop:

• Click here to download the HP Support Assistant. 
  • Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

• Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

• Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

• Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

• Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

• Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

You may restart the laptop after the HP Support Assistant finishes installing any updates. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

All the best! 

0 Kudos
irf3 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

i did all that, nothing happening.  I am not bothered about the webcam, but i prefer my HDMI to work.  How can i proceed?

kind regards

Irfaan

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 821 1396
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@irf3

Thank you fro your reply. 

If the display drivers appear to be successfully installed, then you may try updating the BIOS on the laptop. The BIOS update can be located via this link: www.hp.com/drivers 
NOTE: Please have the charger connected to the laptop while updating the BIOS. Because the BIOS update must not get interrupted due to the battery draining out. 

Once the BIOS is updated on the laptop, you may try to use the HDMI connection and check for the results. 

Good luck!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation