Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp 15 wont charge/power

Hp pavillion notebook au018wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im really dissapointed with hp.. just few months of usage of my hp 15 au018wm pc, i had started noticing alot  of issues and now suddenly the pc wont charge or power on.. i have tried other power cords and charger and also tried my charger with other hp 15 product and charges properly my pc is still under warranty. What can i do? I didnt buy directly from hp and my current location is nigeria

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,909 20,863 1,742 2,822
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kellboy22

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I understand the computer isn't turning on anymore, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you reset the computer to release excessive static?

While you respond to that, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
kellboy22
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all the troubleshooting methods but no head way. Most of the troubleshooting option require me to take of my battery but my hp comes with sealed non removable battery.. i feel its a motherboard issue. I have been laying alot complaints about this laptop until it finally gave in.. i dnt know what to do

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kellboy22

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

That said, if you've gone through the steps suggested, ignoring the battery removal but performing all other relevant steps and yet the issue persists,

I recommend you Contact HP to have the device repaired as you've got a valid point, it does seem like a motherboard or charger port inbuilt on the motherboard is malfunctioning:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

kellboy22
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response but i didnt buy from hp direct so i dont know if my waranty still applies. Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kellboy22

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It doesn't matter where you purchased the device from, you would get a standard 1 yr factory warranty on your device.

I recommend you Contact HP as suggested before and they should be able to either repair or replace the necessary parts to fix the issue (free of cost) if it's still within the warranty period.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation