Golf4life Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp 2000 laptop screen went white, I have tried some of the solutions worked briefly then went whi

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i connect my computer to my tv to have an external screen to see if the laptop works but not the screen, but i will take all suggestions to fix the screen on the laptop.

I have tried removing the battery and power cable and pushing down on the start button for a minute then reconnecting the power cable and turning it on. It came back briefly then went back white. Now anytime i try this process i get nothing just stays white.

Thanking you in advance

Stephen

1 REPLY 1
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My hp 2000 laptop screen went white, I have tried some of the solutions worked briefly then went whi

Dear Customer,

1)  To determine whether its the Drivers or the Hardware Screen, please try to go the BIOS by tapping F10 Key at the Start up.

a) If you see the same white screen on the BIOS screen aswell. It could be a screen issue.

b) If you see BIOS screen, then the screen and the laptop both are fine.

2) To connect to external monitor you have to use VGA cable connecting from your laptop VGA port to the external monitor.

NOTE: Make sure its a working monitor.

Please go through the below document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5145724/model/5180004/document/c03504...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation