Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 14-dk1025wm
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a dilemma with my laptop [Personal Information Removed] am not using my laptop monitor. I set it up to work with the lid close. I have one monitor on HDMI port and use USB to VGA  j5create JUA214 for the second monitor. I am trying to hook up a third monitor to this laptop USB-C and I get the same results, powers up and the message is displayed and the screen goes blank. I have purchased onn USB-C to HDMI adapter, a no-name adapter, and USB-C to HDMI/USB 3.0 with power delivery j5create JCA379 DisplayPort Alt Mode compatible. Again, the same result but, I tested the USB 3.0 port on the j5create with a flash drive and I read the content. So, I do know that USB-C is working. I have updated the BIOS to F.65 on the laptop, and updated AMD graphics I have gone through the device manager has no errors, turned off power management, and shows the monitor as a billboard. I have googled and searched in hp support, and AMD for a solution as well as Microsoft, and nothing same results.  Windows 11 doesn't recognize the third monitor, the second has it as HDR. So, does this laptop motherboard designed to support multiple monitors or not; AMD doesn't say much about this model.

Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CareyShupe 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06620370

It ONLY has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine,
  • Connect to an external monitor with/without hub/dock/adapter

If you wish to connect 2 external monitors (only), you can use

Monitor 1: HDMI direct cable,

Monitor 2: Using a Displaylink Certified USB-A to HDMI adapter such as

USB to HDMI Adapter

For more connectivity, please use

True Universal Docking Stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.