Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time someone "shares their screen" in Zoom or Skype my screen goes completely berserk, the image becomes filled with stripes or random elements like menus that get duplicated multiple times.. It is difficult to describe, but it looks as if the video card completely messes up the screen and the only way to fix it is to restart computer as I can no longer see the start button or any opened windows or OS desktop. It sounds as if it has something to do with a driver, because it particularly happens during screen sharing, and not during other activities, like web browsing. But THE WAY IT LOOKS when it happens, leaves a strong feeling that it is a hardware fault.. I just can't explain what it is that screen sharing may do to the video card that causes this strange behaviour ... What would you recommend to do next?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@maxkmv, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps 

• Dust inside the laptop.  
  • A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  
  • Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  
  • High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  ( Make sure Power adaptor connected to notebook )

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step  5: Update the Windows 

Step  6:Update Drivers from HP Support Assistance 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.