5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My monitor wires are cut...

Hp Notebook g2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

So I have an HP Notebook g2 and recently the part of the metal that connects the monitor part towards the keyboard and everything else was destroyed. No problem however since I could still use it. However, after a while the monitor had stopped working (or rather it is faint and I can see it if I flash a light over it but barely), when I looked into the wires that were hidden where that piece of metal once was some of the wires were cut and it seems they will no longer work. My question is  what are those wires, and what can I do to fix it? My warrenty already expired so I just want to buy anything I need to before sending it to a friend. 

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
77,364 76,776 9,427 20,390
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got no idea what is your machine. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Knowing your machine, I may be able to send you part list and you can work out what is it. Specially what is the metal part which I have no clue at all.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
rkmerley Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have come to identify the part that needs repairing or rather having to change it al ogether. The metal part that I meant were the hinges, and the cable which needs to be replaced is the LVDS cable. My laptop model which I didn't have at the time is actually a HP Probook 430 g1 model!

Thank you! Would you happen to know where I can buy it?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation