Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4j771ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello I am trying to install a few games from windows store and it says my video memory is not enough to play right. I need to know which AMD radeon graphics card or chipset is on my laptop. the specs just says amd radeon graphics, and what is the video memeory size and speed too. 

thanks for letting me know and what games can this laptop play 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook comes with the AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated graphics adapter.

Here is some information on that model graphics adapter...

AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 Graphics Card - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech

I didn't see a memory spec on the GPU, but you should be able to find that information by looking under the Display section of your notebook's system information application.

Here's a screenshot of my report...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1641865182257.png

Since I don't play video games, I wouldn't be able to answer your question regarding what games can be played enjoyably on your notebook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook comes with the AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 integrated graphics adapter.

Here is some information on that model graphics adapter...

AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 Graphics Card - Benchmarks and Specs - NotebookCheck.net Tech

I didn't see a memory spec on the GPU, but you should be able to find that information by looking under the Display section of your notebook's system information application.

Here's a screenshot of my report...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1641865182257.png

Since I don't play video games, I wouldn't be able to answer your question regarding what games can be played enjoyably on your notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info and links. How did u find out what is the name of the amd radeon graphics? 

how do I open up this system information or system  summery to see what you showed me on screenshot? 

thanks again. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The way I found out the model of the GPU was to google the processor info...Ryzen 5 5500U.

AMD just labels it as Radeon graphics, but sites like the one I found give it the description of Vega 7.

To find the system information app, click on the search icon next to the windows icon on the bottom left side of the taskbar.

Type in System Information, and then you can click on the app to open it.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1641869546849.png

HP Recommended

thanks again I found my display and the adapter ram is only 512Mbs and the game said my PC does not meet the required 1Gb of video memory,  and i guess the amd radeon{ tm} graphics cant be replaced with a better display adapter gpu or amd radeon graphics card because its intergrated on the motherboard with the CPU.  well i installed my 1st game it was only 1.5Gbs size game. and the games that says my video memory is not enough those games are 150Gb games. thanks for helping me understand what i have.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.