Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My notebook supports touch screen but the "pen and touch info" says otherwise.

HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051 nr Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I own an Envy touchsmart notebook with a serial number of 5CG3457S3Z, so clearly it should have touch screen as a feature and the label on the far left corner does say that.But, when I looked up the "pen and touch info", it stated otherwise, that is the notebook does not have such a feature. I recently re-installed a windows 10 on my operating system and the problem started form there. hope you can help

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
81,513 81,406 10,161 21,835
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@M-ten3b0d 

Supporting touch (using fingers) and supporting using active stylus (pen) are 2 different things. Many smartphones, tablets ... have same thing, you can use fingers or passive stylus but NOT active stylus.

Hope this makes snese.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @Banhien, thanks for your help! I understood what you said there, but my problem is the fact that my touch screen doesn't work, I tried installing related drivers and troubleshooting but none worked

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation