Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to install an updated amd radeon graphics controller, but it just messed up my screen. Now that I turn my laptop off, the screen doesn't turn off smoothly as before. Also the "standby" mode dissapeared, checking into my energy settings it was gone too. The settings only let me hybernate. 

When I tried to open the new AMD driver the message "you do not have a controller installed, please install the proper controller" 

I tried to install the amd driver that is on the HP webpage according to my Pavilion Notebook but the problem wasn't solved. Captura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I figured it out, I had to go to my graphic card through windows 10 settings, there was a “warning” icon next to my graphic card controller.. I right-clicked and clicked on the “find updates” ... it fixed itself ... thanks for the answer!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@oscar8picazo

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook. I read that you updated the AMD Radeon graphics controller and it caused issues with the screen. Also, the standby mode has disappeared on the screen. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

This sounds like there is a corruption in the Windows 10 operating system. 

Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

I suggest you to perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset. Windows 10 has a push-button reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
I figured it out, I had to go to my graphic card through windows 10 settings, there was a “warning” icon next to my graphic card controller.. I right-clicked and clicked on the “find updates” ... it fixed itself ... thanks for the answer!
HP Recommended

@oscar8picazo

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.