Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My screen switched to a black background after cleaning. I want it back to the default background

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had no error messages and no software performance issues but my background is now black and all text appears in white whether I reading Google news or typing in MS Word.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
24,815 24,589 2,133 7,867
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My screen switched to a black background after cleaning. I want it back to the default background

@Scepticom

"Cleaning"??  

Perhaps you have accidentally switched to a High Contrast display setting.

IF that is the case, you can select / (re)set your colours, background, themes, and the like:

Windows key > Settings > Personalisation / Personalization (depending on region).

My own experience says it is sometimes difficult to get out of the high contrast setup -- it may take a couple of tries to successfully squash the display's insistence on using it.

If you are talking about having "cleaned" the computer exterior (or Interior) and you have in some way damaged the display itself, setting the colours / themes / background won't have any affect.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation