Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There,

I bought OMEN HP 17-cb0006na gamer power machine for my son birthday and he started testing it today. The first issue he found the display doesn't show any capability for 144Hz the only option 64Hz. We tried to download the NVIDIA RTX 2070 driver but no luck there too. The NVIDIA software does not recognize the (supposed to be) installed video card. I'm very disappointed. This is a very expensive laptop but useless for playing any games. My son birthday ruined he also so disappointed. I really hope the NVIDIA card not missing from the laptop or maybe defected? Anybody able to help me I so much appreciate it. I just want to make my son happy again and make the birthday gift memorable.

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @mishi_sz,

Is the laptop getting overheated?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try updating the BIOS and NVIDIA graphics driver to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the NVIDIA graphics driver using this link. Click Here

You can also update the latest version of graphics drivers directly from the NVIDIA website using the auto-detect utility and check if it helps.

Download the NVIDIA auto detect utility using this link. Click Here

Also, Try the steps recommended below.

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

Also, Hit Win Key + R
Type in “Regedit” and then hit Enter.
Go to ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management’
Find ‘ClearPageFileAtShutDown’ and change its value to 1
Restart the computer

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please try the steps recommended below.

Go to control panel > power safe options > customize any combination you currently have > advanced options > processor power safe > minimum level. Change it to 40% and click apply.

Also go to Control Panel > Power Options > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power settings

Select everything in the list to high-performance mode.

Lastly, try running a system diagnostics test on the PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey A4Apollo,

Thanks for your response. Just for the record this is my Laptop model number: 7DT12EA#ABU. The whole thing happened on the weekend (no phone support) I freaked out. So I decided to start chatting with the support team. About 5 hours of torture and remote diagnostic they find out fortunately it is not a hardware problem. They recommended reinstall the Windows 10 aka Cloud Recovery. The recovery went through and the problem solved. Happy ending! 

Two thing I need to mention here. How can be is happened with a brand new laptop? Where is the HP quality control? Second. I have good software and hardware PC knowledge. What about who doesn't? They stuck with the useless laptop? This laptop cost me a lot of money £1.800 ($2200) and I need it to fix it? How it's come? It's a shame. Shame on you HP.

The bottom line is my son was disappointed about the birthday present fortunately 2 days later I made him very happy again after I reinstalled the Windows 10. I'm still disappointed after 25 years buying HP product the HP not same anymore just like was before.

HP Recommended

Hi! @mishi_sz,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Regards

A4Apollo

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you please confirm if the laptop is still functioning well after fixing it using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, as I have the same issue affecting my laptop.

Thanks,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hi There,

After the reinstalled the Windows 10 I had no problem what so ever. I hope that information was helpful.

Best Regards,

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.