Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NVidia Driver install and make it as primary

Pavilion 15-au106nh (z3a88ea)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've downloaded the Nvidia driver from the HP website and tried to install it. The driver successfully installed, but the other options are failed to be installed. (The nVidia control panel is available in the systray, but there is a rather limited options to set: mostly related to the physix engine.)

Also I've found no way to define which GPU will be the default. In older computers, the bios has options to set the primary GPU, but as far as I see, the accessible BIOS features of this notebook is minimal.)

My questions are: (1) how to install HP Nvidia driver (sp78630.exe)? (2) How to make the geForce as my primary GPU?

1 REPLY 1
tjg63 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

NVidia Driver install and make it as primary

I am having similar issues.  HP ZBook 17 with nVidia K3100M, Intel 4900MQ processor and 16GB RAM.

I have downloaded all the latest software and drivers after a recent clean upgrade to Windows 10.  All updates performed.

The nVidia control panel has limited adjustments.  When adjusting there is only a 3"x2" image to view which is difficult to use for accurate color and adjustment.

Since I use this laptop for photo editing I must have the laptop monitor and HP Pavillion 23xi monitor match.  I need to adjust color temperature on the laptop monitor but it appears that there is no adjustment.  Color temp is one of the first basic adjustments for accurate color reproduction.  There is a color temp adjustment on the HP 23xi monitor.

I also use a Spider Elite Pro for monitor calibration.  One of the first steps in calibration is setting color temp.  After calibrating both monitors there is a mismatch between the 23xi (accurate) and the ZBook monitor (colors highly saturated).

Any suggestions or assistance greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation