jayphila Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Need HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Touchscreen drivers please. Touchscreen no longer working.

HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP forum I need HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Touchscreen drivers please. Touchscreen no longer working. Device Manager shows HID Compliant Touch Screen says its working properly but its not. The driver is the old 6/21/2006 6.3.9600.18341 Microsoft that's not working.

I've downloaded & install from HP the updated Chipset & Graphics drivers to no avail. Can anyone please provide the an updated driver for the touchscreen.

Thank you.

Jay

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12950 897 1334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Need HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Touchscreen drivers please. Touchscreen no longer working.

Hi! @jayphilaIs, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you need touchscreen drivers for TouchSmart m6-k025dx laptop.

Open the HP Support assistant. Select the updates  and drivers section. As long as the drivers are available and you have an internet connection the HPSA should automatically find, download and install the drivers for your laptop.

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a great day! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
envyous1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

I have the same problem as the OP. It started a few weeks ago, seemingly randomly, but perhaps after a Windows Update.

When I go to Device Manager the HID compliant touch screen is enabled but I get Error Code 45: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

I tried updating drivers from Device Manager, it said everything was up to date. I tried the Add New Hardware .exe, and it didn't detect any changes. I tried uninstalling, and when I restarted the computer, the device was just gone, and never reappeared. Hard Reboot did nothing. I was able to use System Restore and get the touchscreen back, but it stopped again a few days later, and unfortunately, the newest system restore point does not fix the problem any more.

I searched for drivers on the laptop's HP page and there are none.

I tried the HP Support Assistance and it doesn't detect anything.

When I boot to BIOS and test the touch screen it works fine, once Windows loads it stops working. I tried installing egalax drivers direct from their website, but these function as a mouse, and do not allow scrolling, pinching, etc motions on the screen, only point and touch with one finger. 

This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15987 1269 2179
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

@envyous1

Thank you for the update,

I understand that the touch screen works fine on BIOS but not on windows,

That confirms that this isn't a hardware but a software malfunction and hence i recommend a few steps to solve this concern,

Please download all available drivers for your computer: Click here

If the issue persists, you may want to reinstall the windows via HP Recovery Manager: Click here for details. (As windows could be corrupt)

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation