Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp projector model dlp and hp Model: 15-gw0010wm

I have a HP projector model DLP that I have had for a few years. I had to get a new laptop (HP Model: 15-gw0010wm). My old laptop was a HP but it had a VGA (Dsub 15 pin) connection and the projector plugged right in. The new laptop only has an HDMI port. I am not technologically savvy so need to know ASAP in simple terms how I can connect my projector to the laptop for an upcoming meeting. Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gina4Jesus 

To be frank with you, this probably is NOT going to work because video adapters are notorious for not functioning properly and when they do not, there is nothing you or we can do about it.

Essentially, you have to get an adapter to connect the HDMI port to a VGA cable.  HDMI sends out both video and audio but adapter will only send video -- which is not a problem because that is all you want for a projector.

You will have to look online for this as HP does not supply these adapters.

Here's an article showing what you will be looking for:  https://nerdtechy.com/best-hdmi-to-vga-converter-adapter

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.