Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC | F7Q20PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

22-May-2018, HP Support Assistant auto updated HP drivers on my machine.  Now, I have no live feed video through my integrated WebCam. 

I've updated Webcam software to YouCam6, to no avail. 

Current Camera driver installed is a generic Microsoft HP TrueVision HD driver dated 21/06/2006  Version: 10.0.17134.1.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing YouCam6 drivers, and HP Universal HD Webcam drivers, to no avail.

How do I get my webcam working so I can run Skype, YouCam6, and Camera apps with a live video feed with friends, family and colleagues over the internet?  

It seems to me as if there is no downloadable HP HD WebCam driver from Hewlett-Packard's Customer Support > Software & Drivers for my machine HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC, Product Number: F7Q20PA#ABG...!

Can anyone help me, please?

NOTE:

I've also reached out to HP Support and raised this issue with <HP Tech Support <CASE:[edited]>, and after many hours of phone, and remote desktop support, 1st, and 2nd level support are clueless as to what to do next. 

I've explained to them, please provide a suitable up-to-date HP WebCam driver that will work with Windows 10 and my hardware...still waiting (after several weeks) for a sensible approach from HP Tech Support.  

Kind regards

Tissue4Issue.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Tissue4Issue (I have just the right, perfumed tissue to resolve the issue) 😉

If you haven't tried recovering the original drivers from the HP Recovery manager yet, please try the same as it should help you obtain the same using the below steps to resolve this issue:

NOTE:

If your computer was configured to order, you might need to reinstall certain software programs using the specific software installation discs that came with your computer.

For business computers, the recovery options might no longer be viable as the image might have been replaced. To confirm, contact your company's IT department or your local IT service.

Use the following steps to reinstall original software or drivers.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager.

If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

2. Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

This is a possible corrupted driver and the above should fix the issue, however, if the issue persists, please run a hardware test to identify all possible causes: Click here for assistance.

Also, to troubleshoot the webcam issue further, try this link: Click here

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, and your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your unique approach...I tried the 'HP Recovery Manager', and selected HP Webcam v1.9.0.0.  and proceeded to install it, unfortunately, to no avail.

Using your approach:

Once HP Webcam v1.9.0.0 was installed, I performed a cold boot, then ran (as Admin) Device Manager to check for an updated Webcam driver, unfortunately, there was no change, as seen in the screenshot below.  The issue still persists, along with the generic Microsoft 2006 HP TrueVision HD driver...!

So, then I tried uninstalling the driver, proceeded by reinstalled the HP Webcam driver via HP Recovery Manager, followed by another cold boot, still no success...

I performed a cold boot, and interrupted the boot sequence (via ESC key) and ran the BIOS Hardware component testing, prior to Windows 10 system load, and ran all available hardware tests (mind you, there's no test to check if the integrated Webcam functions - I guess because the BIOS sees it as just another USB device. 

Anyhow, the System Hardware Test came up Trumps...!  (before the US Presidential Election in 2016, most people associated this term with ...ALL GOOD! )Capture.2018.08.19.2.JPG

Thank you for your help thus far 'Riddle_Decipher', you took me places I forgot existed.

So, what's next Batman....?

Kind regards

Tissue4Issue

HP Recommended

FYI: I also found the following discussion thread on the HP Support Forum, which seems to indicate others with a very similar make and model HP laptop/notebook. 

'Danny-r" (Moderator) makes reference to escalating the issue to the appropriate HP Team, however, there's nothing more posted to inform others, like me, of a solution, or alternate troubleshooting approach to this persistent issue. 

See HP Support Form discussion thread - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/hp-truevision-hd-windows-10/td-p/5396661

As per HP's Customers before me have posted on this forum, namely, "TerryPed", "cgeorge1029", "mvilla", and now me ("Tissue4Issue") - all of which are ranked as 'Top Students'  have/have had, the same issue - We're all waiting for a  Hewlett - Packard Windows 10 HP Webcam Driver update posted and easily accessible that works.

It's not acceptable to have HP build a machine with an integrated Webcam that has no published Driver that functions well with Windows 10.  This is not the case with HP (make and model) Windows 10 Drivers for the NIC, Video, Storage, WiFi, Ethernet, Keyboard Devices, Audio, etc, etc. 

So then why is it acceptable for HP Customers to be denied a working Windows 10 HP Webcam Driver for a component that's integrated within the HP machine - I paid very good money for this hardware here in Australia, and it's working fine, except for this Webcam issue?  I'm not going to purchase another HP machine if that's the inference because it seems there are no drivers for this or any other machine once HP deems the hardware end-of-life/production.  Moreover, there's a law in Australia, which states any OEM/Vendor much support and provide support for the hardware 10 years after end-of-product.  This law is a federal law in Australia put in legislation to protect the Consumer.  HP need to write the driver if need be.

BTW:  I logged the issue with Microsoft Support,  they called me immediately and remotely accessed my machine to troubleshoot the issue.  After 56min, of trying every conceivable troubleshooting process, Microsoft Support said, 'sorry, this issue is a HP issue and you need to raise it with them, moreover, they need to provide you with a Windows 10 HP Webcam driver that works with your make and model machine'.

Whilst 'Danny-r" has done the right thing and escalated the issue to the appropriate HP Team, there still is no readily available solution since the issue was raised - 12-13-2015 09:52 PM, some 980 days ago....and counting.

I look forward to HP's response and timely resolution to this issue, for me and many other HP Customers in Australia, around the world.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Tissue4Issue

HP Recommended

@Tissue4Issue

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

Next, we get to the bat mobile!

I Understand you need assistance and I would love to help, however, the details you need to resolve this issue cannot be sent in public due to HP's privacy statement: Click here to learn more.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope:

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tissue4issue was your problem ever solved? I have the same exact problem with a 2017 Envt 17 S143CL. I have spoken to numerous agents on these forums and they all say the same things and nothing works!!!

HP Recommended

Hi DrewMann,

Sorry, my issue/our issue still persists.  Unfortunately, no resolution as yet.

If I find a solution, I'll be sure to reply on this post and provide solution details.  

Regards

Tissue4Issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.