Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
11-ak0502sa
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I've just baught my HP laptop a few days ago for everyday use and I've downloaded the Netflix app but it wont work at all and just keeps buffering, I've updated the laptop and it still wont work, it also wont connect to my tv with a HDMI without crashing, please help 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@roxley Welcome to HP Community!

I need to know, is just Netflix or other online applications aren't working either? Did you ensure the device is connected to the internet if other apps aren't working either?

Also, could you try with a new user account to check if that works fine? And if other applications work but Netflix doesn't, I suggest you click here to check with the Netflix support team.

Try the below steps if the issue is limited to the Netflix app alone:

■ Sign into Netflix (enter username and password) at www.netflix.com then go to the far right hand corner and click on the drop down menu and then go to ‘Account’.

■ Once in ‘Account’, go to ‘My Profile’ tab which is the last tab under ‘Account’ then click on ‘Playback Settings’. These settings will allow you to change your settings in such a way that allows you to reduce your Netflix plan to one that requires less bandwidth (this applies in cases where internet connection is slow) and also allows you to reduce the video quality to a level your internet connection can handle.

■ A screen with four options with regards to ‘Data Usage’ will appear on screen. The ‘Low’ or ‘Medium’ options use low to average data and are options more suitable for Netflix users with slow to moderate internet connection and do not have high resolution devices. On the other hand, the highest data usage option will use up to 3GB per hour and will need a full HD screen of about 1080p. The ‘Auto’ option simply uses your internet connection speed to determine how much data you should be using and at which screen resolution (this is both device and internet service provider dependent) and then streams at the suitable rate. Choose the option you would like to go with to reduce your buffering (preferably ‘Low’ or ‘Medium’) then click on ‘Save’.

As for HDMI issues: click here for troubleshooting steps.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.