12-01-2016 06:05 PM
Just plugged in new HP monitor w2082a,
1. It works, but display is faded--not bright colors/not easy to read.
2. Can't reach the support materials on the included disk -- won't open in my old Dell dimension 5150.
3. Can't get clear instruction on what "drivers" or whatever to download.
What to do? If I can't fix it I'll have to send it back.
12-01-2016 10:00 PM - edited 12-01-2016 10:03 PM
Sorry to know that !
Please try reinstalling Drivers from the Below page:
You may try this as well, sp60003.exe
This package contains the HP Adjustment Pattern Utility. Thisutility is a single-pattern program that is designed to helpimprove the picture quality of HP and Compaq Flat-Panel Monitorsthat are attached to computers using an analog video cable (VGAconnector).
The HP Adjustment Pattern utility helps to improve the followingimage quality characteristics:
- Fuzzy or unclear focus
- Ghosting, streaking, or shadowing effects
- Faint vertical bars
- Thin, horizontal scrolling lines
- Centering the picture
NOTE: There is no need to use the HP Adjustment Pattern utility ifthe attached monitor is connected to the computer using a digitalvideo cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, or DVI-D connector on both ends ofthe cable).
If the issue persists, Its good to have it replaced.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee