Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
SusanFF2 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New HP Monitor display is faded

HP

Just plugged in new HP monitor    w2082a,

1.  It works, but display is faded--not bright colors/not easy to read.

2.  Can't reach the support materials on the included disk -- won't open in my old Dell dimension 5150.
3. Can't get clear instruction on what "drivers" or whatever to download. 

What to do? If I can't fix it I'll have to send it back.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Regents Professor Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 560 1235
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New HP Monitor display is faded

Hello Susan,

Sorry to know that !

Please try reinstalling Drivers from the Below page:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc-145013-1

You may try this as well, sp60003.exe

This package contains the HP Adjustment Pattern Utility. Thisutility is a single-pattern program that is designed to helpimprove the picture quality of HP and Compaq Flat-Panel Monitorsthat are attached to computers using an analog video cable (VGAconnector).

The HP Adjustment Pattern utility helps to improve the followingimage quality characteristics:

- Fuzzy or unclear focus
- Ghosting, streaking, or shadowing effects
- Faint vertical bars
- Thin, horizontal scrolling lines
- Centering the picture

NOTE: There is no need to use the HP Adjustment Pattern utility ifthe attached monitor is connected to the computer using a digitalvideo cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, or DVI-D connector on both ends ofthe cable).

If the issue persists, Its good to have it replaced.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation