Stalks64
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

New HP Spectre 360 Letterboxs with LG Monitor WQHD

HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem as described by other users.  However the LG 34WL850-W monitor does work fine with my Fujitsu desktop and a 4 year old Surface Pro 4.

I guess its a video driver problem.

HP WhatsApp help were unbelievably poor, suggesting I contact LG, despite it seeming that HP is off the mark on this one.

Fortunately I have 30 day money back deal - which I'm going use unless someone can help me on this. Which is a pity as it is a nice laptop

Regards

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
Stalks64
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have answered my own question. But to help anyone else with the same problem I just installed the Intel Graphics Control Panel How to Install the Intel® Graphics Control Panel  and ran it and the requisite display mode was there.

Incidentally you can uninstall it and the problem stays fixed!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation