Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360

UnfortunatelyI am reading that problem is somewhat common. While opening my HP laptop I heard a snap on the right corner and the  hinge looked like it moved. For several days there was some tightness opening and closing this laptop. The condition worsened when the screen started separating from the case. Now I don’t close it or move the screen at all. It’s obvious to me that I’m going to have to replace this as the screen will certainly separate or crack and I can’t open or close this anymore. Like other posts I have only had this for one year.

What does HP do about this flaw? Are they standing by this product which clearly has an issue with hinges and probably should have an extended warranty or recall?  I see other posters get a reply from an HP person referring them somewhere... is this being resolved???
please reply

mat

Matt

Mat Roosa
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MRgreatlaker

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Would have been so refreshing to open a reply that said “ we are sorry for your hassle, we are fixing this for you because it is our fault. “

But no ....

I expected this response I did get from HP... as I have read this Is the same response they give in other posts ..“. I can refer you to a repair you pay for “

Spent last night reading internet search comments and how HP had to be forced by class action lawsuit to cover a pervious issue with battery/ fires.    Looks like they’ve had the problem I’m encountering since at least 2009. ...
so no....in response to the reply from HP,  I will not go down the rabbit hole at HP to be told to pay  450-600 to repair. And yes out of warranty by a week... shouldn’t  matter as this is a common complaint It is clearly a production flaw. 

l also looked at Best Buy comments on the product,  customers are saying the same. Hinge and screen separating. More often within 12 months.   Why is this laptop still pushed as being such a good product ? 
I’m shopping for a think pad or  Mac book this weekend.
Bye bye HP. 

Mat Roosa
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.