Level 1
10 8 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

New Omen Laptop with Intermittent USB-C Video support

HP Recommended
15-dh1087nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got this laptop yesterday out of the box, I was able to connect my USB-C hub to extend my screen onto 2 external monitors.... worked solid for over an hour.  Then i made the mistake of letting windows update run and update the drivers. 

Now I am only SOMETIMES getting the monitors to be recognized when connected to the USB-C hub. 

I have confirmed there is power going to the hub because its powering on my portable monitor and I am able to use a flash drive plugged into the hub. 

I have swapped hubs (I have 2 of the same) but BOTH worked for months on my old dell laptop (mind you it was over 2 years old and never had this issue)... Previously unplugging and replugging the hub worked but that has since stopped. 

I've rolled back the nvidia drivers (since I see a NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller in Device Manager) but that did nothing. I've deleted the NVIDIA Card (and drivers) along with the NVIDIA USB Type C Port Policy Controller without success (although yesterday this did work at one point). I've redownloaded the 2060 GFX Notebook drivers 27.21.14.6192 ~ 3/10/21... but those apparently arent' the ones i need (Or I'm chasing a bad lead here).

Oh and for the USB-C Policy Controller,  3.10 Host Controller I've turned off "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" I've also gone into the advanced power plan settings and Disabled the USB Selected suspend setting when plugged in.

Does anyone have any guidance aside from a system restore (besides I wouldnt even know which Driver to avoid because this could be a different one).

I can't be the only one with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation