Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 4 (172 Views)

New version of the Spectre x360 13.3 inch Kaby Lake released that supports stylus

Product Name: Spectre x360 13t-wx00
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was a new version of the Kaby Lake 13.3 Spectre x360 convertible released around April 2017 that supports the stylus?

I have an original Kaby Lake 13.3 x360 purchased Feb 2017 and couldn't get the active stylus to work. Tech support said that the 13t-wx00 product W9A93AV doesn't support the stylus.

Now I see that a stylus is furnished free with what appears to be the exact computer I purchased. I have been unable to get an answer from technical support as we have difficulties communicating. Does anyone know if the stylus is supported on my Spectre?

I returned my original HP active stylus after tech support said they don't work even though the advertising at the time showed people using a stylus. Now they are giving one away free and I don't understand????

Can I update my convertible to work with the stylus? It's frustrating as I purchased the unit thinking the stylus would work and now feel cheated! I guess that's what I get for buying a brand new product.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (143 Views)

Re: New version of the Spectre x360 13.3 inch Kaby Lake released that supports stylus

Hi,

This is the only HP document that lists compatible active stylus/pens with various HP notebooks and is updated periodically: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05166879

I don't see your Spectre model in it at present

Regards

Visruth
** I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP **

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
Intern
Message 3 of 4 (123 Views)

Re: New version of the Spectre x360 13.3 inch Kaby Lake released that supports stylus

Not trying to beat a dead horse but you're avoiding the question I raised. I purchased a new just released computer that HP's advertising showed pictures of it being used with a stylus. One picture  was of a shoe with a circle drawn around it. I purchased one with every option selected and then ordered an active stylus based upon HP's advertising.

The stylus didn't work and HP tech support told me that it was not supported by my computer. Now less than 2 months after I purchased the computer I see that HP is giving a stylus away with what appears to be the exact computer I have in my hands except the stylus now apparently works?

Sorry to be perturbed but this is upsetting to me that within 2 months of buying a new product, it has apparently been replaced with an identical version that the stylus works on. There was never any mention of the stylus not working and as I've said, HP's advertising on their web page showed the stylus being used on the computer I purchased?

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)

Sorry all the members​ helping here are end users like you, who volunteer their time and experience for sharing knowledge and helping others in technical issues.

This is not the official HP technical support

HP maintains no official presence here

If you need to address your query directly to HP technical support, you could use this:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

CEO: https://ssl.www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

** I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for HP **

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation