Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

@MaximG, they told me it should be done by this month, so I haven't contacted them yet, waiting till end of the month. No new updates on HP Support assistant. I will keep you updated. Again, they said they may not fix it within a month but soon, definitely within a few months, if the issue persists by early next year I'll see if I can request for compensation, because this seriously interferes with work and battery life obviously.

We can only wait and see at this point.

HP Recommended

@Brightnessissue, I see. Thank you for letting me know! I've been trying to contact HP support, still waiting for an official response from them. But hopefully they resolve it earlier than later, as I'm becoming worried about my eye health.

HP Recommended

Yeah.. I can feel the eye strain.. It's okay during daytime, but as days get shorter and shorter in northern hemisphere it gets worse. Night light option works, so it reduces the amount of blue light reaching my eyes, but it's still beaming at full brightness setting since the day I bought it.

HP Recommended

Hey @Brightnessissue! I think I may have found a solution.

My laptop was shipped to an HP repair facility and I just got it back a couple of days ago. It turns out it was not a hardware issue, as on a piece of paper that came with my laptop, they stated they re-installed the OS, looked at the driver software, and did extensive testing.

The brightness control was working until earlier today, when the NVIDIA drivers suddenly updated on their own,  the brightness then no longer worked after that. But this is how I got it working again:

Search Device Manager in the bottom left search bar then click on Display adapters and right-click on whatever appears for your driver, then click properties, click driver, and then click roll back driver. Give it a few seconds, you will know if the driver software has been rolled back if your screen flashes a couple of times. After that is done, restart your computer. After I had done that, I was able to control the brightness again. It looks like it stopped earlier when the NVIDIA driver software update was applied because there may be a bug or something that affects the brightness.

HP Recommended

Hey @MaximG! I think I may have found a solution.

My laptop was shipped to an HP repair facility and I just got it back a couple of days ago. It turns out it was not a hardware issue, as on a piece of paper that came with my laptop, they stated they re-installed the OS, looked at the driver software, and did extensive testing.

The brightness control was working until earlier today, when the NVIDIA drivers suddenly updated on their own,  the brightness then no longer worked after that. But this is how I got it working again:

Search Device Manager in the bottom left search bar then click on Display adapters and right-click on whatever appears for your driver, then click properties, click driver, and then click roll back driver. Give it a few seconds, you will know if the driver software has been rolled back if your screen flashes a couple of times. After that is done, restart your computer. After I had done that, I was able to control the brightness again. It looks like it stopped earlier when the NVIDIA driver software was applied because there may be a bug or something that affects the brightness.

HP Recommended

Hi @Brightnessnotwo! I'm so glad to hear that you found a solution! I was about to return the laptop for a refund.

Could you please tell me the version of the driver you rolled back to? I will try doing that as well!

HP Recommended

Hey @MaximG!

The driver version is 26.21.14.4292 and the driver date is 2020-04-07.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I didn't choose a particular version to rollback to, after I clicked Roll Back Driver and it finished, the button went grey, so I can no longer click it. So I believe I may have only had two versions, the previous one plus the one that was installed automatically.

HP Recommended

@Brightnessnotwo

I cannot do it because buttons for both AMD and NVIDIA drivers are always greyed out like this even though I have them up-to-date, I have no option of a rollback:

Untitled.png

Great.. now forums keep turning screenshot into that.. thing.. Here's link to image:

https://i.imgur.com/6qTeBmW.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.