Tutor
13 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Horizontal Scrolling on Touchpad?

Stream Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there horizontal scroll on the Stream touchpad? I have searched throughout the Mouse and Touchpad part of the W10 Settings and cannot find anything that indicayes yeah or nay. I've checked with the Device Manager and it said my Synaptics driver was up to date. The Stream is Laptop 11-y010nr. Serial # [Personal Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,320 3,302 178 337
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Horizontal Scrolling on Touchpad?

Hello,@jborchel.

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I see you need information on a horizontal scroll on the touchpad. Did I get it right?

Let’s try the steps below and check if that answers you  the question.

Try performing a clean installation of your Touchpad drivers.

• Uninstall your current touchpad drivers.
  • Restart your PC.
  • Go to your manufacturer's website and download the official touchpad driver depending on your OS type and version.
  • Restart your PC and your scrolling feature should be enabled again.

To uninstall a driver from device manager, follow the steps below.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

To download the drivers, use the link below from HP website.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76001-76500/sp76418.exe

Please let me know the outcome.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation