Tutor
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Video either on display or external monitor

G62-355DX
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Most solutions involve "reflow of video card". I am a computer tech in my town and have never heard of this process. Please explain.

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
38149 37969 5796 10070
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Video either on display or external monitor

Don't do it. A reflow is a very crude fix that will not last even if it seems to work temporarily, It involves blowing heat directly onto the video chip to melt the solder and reestablish lost connections. Real tech shops do a "reball" which properly applies the video chip back to the motherboard. We don't really hear about "reflows" any more. That was about a specific model series almost 10 years ago and I am not aware of your model having similar issues. If the video is dead, then your best bet is a new motherboard. You can also find shops that have a presence on eBay that have professional equipment needed to rework a motherboard at the chip level and their services are about $60-100 to rebuild your motherboard. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation