Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)

No keyboard backlit on Pavillion laptop

Product Name: 15-AW077NR

Just purchaed a 15-AW077NR Paviilion laptop,, everythings working fine but the model/product details list shows it to be a keyboard backlit optioned laptop. Tried FN+F5, F5, F12, FN space bar ect and no lighting.. Downloaded the User Maunal and it makes no reference as to On/Off keys or combos of for function..

Every where I look, the 15-AW077NR shows to be key lit.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)

Re: No keyboard backlit on Pavillion laptop

@Hayapower

Welcome to HP Support Forums. :) 

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

Congratulations on your purchase of the HP Pavilion 15-aw077nr laptop. 

I read that keyboard backlight is not working. I have checked the laptop specifications and yes it has a backlit keyboard.

To turn the keyboard back light on or off, press the   key on the keyboard. Sometimes the  symbol is on the f5 key or the f11 key. If the backlight does not come on after pressing this key then you may press and hold the fn key and then press the   and check if it helps. 

It is a good idea to uninstall the keyboard drivers and reinstall them if the issue persists. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Keyboards". Right click on the keyboard drivers in there and select uninstall.
  • Close the device manager and restart the laptop.
  • While restarting, the Windows operating system will reinstall the keyboard drivers.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! :)

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (83 Views)

Thanks for the response..

This laptop was a Factory Refurbished unit. Looks like the keyboard was replaced with a non backlit board by mistake.

Theres no F5'''' only the standard F5 key, no space bar indication, F11 etc. Looking in the Windows Mobilty Center theres no provisions for any keyboard tweak eithers. I called the seller and there going to replace the laptop with a backlit optioned unit..

Looking at this laptops specs,, all of them had backlit,,, thought maybe I was missing something here!? , but looks like the laptop is :)

Thanks again...

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Hayapowers

You're most welcome.

Glad to hear that the laptop is being replaced and you will get a laptop with a backlit keyboard.

I truly appreciate your efforts and your patience.

It is an honor to share this platform with you.

Feel free to reach out on the forums for any further questions. Take care! :)

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation