cancel
frostbytten Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No matter how hard I try, I can't get my 8750m + 8550g dual graphics working on Windows 8.1(HP ENVY)

HP ENVY 15z-j100 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've tried every variety of amd driver I can find on the internet, to no avail. Every time I reboot after installing, I get error 43 on both devices. I do a clean uninstallation after every attempt, and yet every time I still get error 43. Please help, I'm desperate. 

To clarify, what happens is I restart, both the cards have Error 43 on device manager, and AMD Catalyst doesn't recognize that I have a video card. The CPU itself is still recognized. I've tried the automatic updater, legacy drivers, Radeon drivers, the recommended drivers, old Omega drivers, still no luck. They all produce more or less the same result.

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16292 16235 1511 3601
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No matter how hard I try, I can't get my 8750m + 8550g dual graphics working on Windows 8.1(HP ENVY)

frostbytten

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Your laptop has something known as "dual graphics", that is, two different graphics chipsets -- and the ONLY drivers that will work with that on your laptop are the ones from HP.

Downloading drivers off the Internet is a waste of time, as those are not designed for your laptop.

The HP drivers and software page for your laptop is linked here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-15-j100-Notebook-PC-series/5401187/model/652...

These are the drivers you should use.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
frostbytten Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP's drivers are the first drivers I tried, and the other drivers were straight from AMDs website. Thanks for your response!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation