Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
hmoorex3 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No picture on 2nd external monitor

Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

already running LG ultrawide monitor over hdmi.  no vga port so using usb to vga adapter.  hooked up older acer and also dell monitor but neither detects a signal and goes into standby mode.  laptop doesn't see either 2nd external monitor either.

is there an additonal piece of hardware I need or a configuration that needs to be done?

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No picture on 2nd external monitor

Thanks for the post @hmoorex3

I understand that you are not getting any display using USB to VGA adapter. Kudos to you for letting me know that it is not detecting any other monitor as well. 

Could you be kind enough to let me know the product number/model number of your computer as we have many models under Envy? 

What is the Operating system installed on the computer?

Have you installed the drivers for the USB to VGA adapter?

Have you contacted the USB to VGA adapter manufacturer?

Recommend you to connect the display directly to the video extension ports provided in the computer and check the computer functionality. 

Disclaimer: HP does not recommend you to change the configuration of the computer, you can do so at your own risk. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation