Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b107
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am struggling to get the touchscreen of my notebook working. I tried all the things that are listen in several other post on the HP forum, and none of them worked.

My system is up-to-date running Windows 10 Home (64-bits) with 4GB of ram (the other slot is dead)

What is strange is that I can't select the component touchscreen in the UEFI diagnostics, however I am sure that the notebook has a touchscreen.

I contacted eGalax because I saw the touchscreen in my device manager (unplugged) and asked them for the drivers, there response:

Dear Tim,

The touch screen on HP Pavilion SmartTouch 15-b107ed don’t need to install any driver.

Windows 10 can load internal HID driver for it automatically.

According the pictures, it is not touch controller. Touch controller is connected at USB interface.

You can try to re-install Windows 10. If the problem still occur, we suggest to contact HP for support.

Best Regards,

George Lee

eGalax_eMPIA Technology Inc.

Research & Development Department

Web: http://www.eeti.com.tw

I don't know what to do, the touchscreen worked a few years ago.

What I do see is an unknown device with the following details:

Path to device: ACPI\HPQ0004\3&2411E6FE&0

Hardware Id's: ACPI\VEN_HP&DEV_0004; ACPI\HPQ0004; *HPQ0004

Problemcode: 000001C

BIOS-devicename: \_SB.PCI0.ACEL

Enumerator: ACPI

Bustype GUID: {d7b46895-001a-4942-891f-a7d46610a843}

Hash reported device id's: 4D576B5B

Location paths: ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(ACEL)

Name of physical deviceobject: \Device\000001C

Could this be the touchscreen controller or something? I tried installing the HID TouchScreen driver, but it didn't work.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Tim

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @tim687,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Touch Screen issue, and wanted to help!

First, try reviewing the following document: 

HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 😎

You can also try checking for driver updates.  For your product, it seems that Windows 10 drivers are being pushed through the Windows Update.  You can check this site as well: 

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

If you are still having trouble, then you can try performing the Microsoft Push-Button Reset.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.