Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13-b000no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have (always had) a problem with my HP Pavilion 13 Notebook PC.
My touchpad does not work after hibernation.
I have to delete the touchpad from device manager and reboot to get it to work again.

HP Pavilion 13-b000no
Model: J1X18EA
Latest BIOS version: Insyde F.35
Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, Driver: 19.2.4.10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I know.

And that's the point. I would like to get this to work under Windows 10, which does not seem possible.

I give up. Case closed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@FinnKJ,

Welcome to HP Forums. Library for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Touchpad doesn’t work after hibernation. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Try doing the System BIOS update using the below link and check if that helps.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77025.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply.

This did NOT help, sorry.

As I wrote, I already had the latest BIOS (F.35).

HP Recommended

Hi@FinnKJ

Thanks for the reply.

If you already have the latest BIOS, then I believe you will have to perform the clean install of the OS in order to avoid any driver errors. This step will be a bit of inconvenience as it will wipe out the Hard drive (Including your personal data like music, pictures etc.) Follow the link below to perform the recovery on your PC.

http://hp.care/2byIEKi

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Sorry, but this is not an option.

The computer came with Windows 8.1 and all though I could restore to that, I can no longer upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

But I have full and clean restore images (made with Macrium Reflect) of all Windows 10 versions ('v1', 1511 and 1607).
This problem have been present under all these versions of Windows 10.
I do not recall if the problem was there under Windows 8.1 (I only had that briefly). But that is not really important, I need to get this to work under Windows 10.

The problem is not huge. So if you do not have another solution, then I'll live with the problem (swearing of HP every time it happens) until I get a new laptop.
I will not spend hours of work restoring the PC to Windows 8.1 that I don not want anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi@FinnKJ,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the Windows 10 update, it will be free for life time if you upgraded the PC before July 29, 2016.

Hope this helps.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I know.

And that's the point. I would like to get this to work under Windows 10, which does not seem possible.

I give up. Case closed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.