Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 348 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP 348 G5 and the Intel Video driver is very out of date!

The version of Intel Video driver I have is version 26.20.100.7323 released on 10/7/2019 whereas the newest one on Intel's site is version 27.20.100.8935 released on November 6, 2020.

And there's no updated driver available from HP website or from HP support assistant.

Please release the newer driver for HP 348 G5 as the latest video driver has:

Performance improvements when using Chrome YouTube Media Playback.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook only has the Intel graphics and not a switchable graphics combination, see my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version...

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I know of this solution, however, I would want to bring this link to your notice:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics.html

Where they specifically state in their FAQ about the Have Disk Installation method:

KanadEc_0-1607014844103.png

That is a scary warning.

Hence, I want HP to release official updated drivers.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I've never had an issue updating the driver that way, which is why I took the time and effort to write the article.

I even wrote how to create a system restore point before updating the driver so that in the very rare instance it doesn't work right, you can revert back to the currently installed driver if the roll back graphics driver option is grayed out.

The only reason it normally won't work is if your notebook has the switchable graphics.

In any event, posting on this forum asking HP to release updated drivers is of no use, since this is a peer to peer forum.

We don't work for or represent HP.

You can address your request to have HP release updated graphics drivers to the HP executive team at the link below.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.