cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
CCA88
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No video signal through thunderbolt 3 on OMEN 15 with HP G2 DOCK

HP Recommended
Omen 15 dc-10046no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I hope someone can help me. I have an Omen 15 dc-1046no that I am trying to use with a G2 dock thunderbolt. the problem is that the laptop recognizes the monitors attached to the dock, but will not display on them. I have also used my HP elitebook 1040 g7 with the dock and works with no problems at all, so the problem seems to be with my HP omens sending video signal through tunderbolt 3. 

Dock was selected from HP support to be compatible with the omen 15 dc-1046no

3 REPLIES 3
Dan8719
Level 2
16 14 1 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear CCA88, 

I've solved the same issue following the steps reported in my post:"External monitor not working with thunderbolt connector". Hope this will be useful

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
CCA88
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi thanks for your reply 

unfortunately I cant seem to find RMEnablePhyRepeater in my reg editor and only have a folder called 0000

Capture.PNG

Kind regards 

Christian

tjbon
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After hours of updating everything, Bios, drivers, firmware, cable changes, DVI to HDMI, Dsub, etc. found a post in Nvidia forums by jacksjostromm advising to rollback driver to 451.67 to correct issue. As soon as video drivers change the monitors connected to the docking station worked. Love it now, one plug to laptop provides everything including power with the thunderbolt feature.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation