Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-dh0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear sir/madam,

The keys for brightness are not working but the other keys(volume,.....)are working fine ,so i have a problem with just the brightness keys. Also, brightness adjustment not available in control panel as well or anywhere else in any setting of the laptop. I have an hp pavilion x360 convertible 14-dh0xxx laptop with processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8145U CPU @2.10 GHz 2.30 GHz. Please provide a solution ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nitesh_kr07 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here’s the step by step guide for you:

1. Click the Start button, then click Run. 
  2. In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG. 
  3. Press the ENTER key. 
  4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab. 
  5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox. 

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here
    For Windows 10 drivers: Click here

(ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you and if you would like to give me virtual high five, Click on the purple thumbs up 🙂 )

If the above doesn't help, please create another User account as suggested earlier and try again.

Also, ensure you update the graphics card and the BIOS on your device: Click here to find and install the drivers for the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nitesh_kr07 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here’s the step by step guide for you:

1. Click the Start button, then click Run. 
  2. In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG. 
  3. Press the ENTER key. 
  4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab. 
  5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox. 

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here
    For Windows 10 drivers: Click here

(ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you and if you would like to give me virtual high five, Click on the purple thumbs up 🙂 )

If the above doesn't help, please create another User account as suggested earlier and try again.

Also, ensure you update the graphics card and the BIOS on your device: Click here to find and install the drivers for the same.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Alot Sir. I have been able to resolve my issue by using following solution given by you:

"NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here".

Iam very grateful for your advice.

Regards,

Nitesh Kumar

HP Recommended

@Nitesh_kr07 Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.