Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 au620tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I brought an HDMI to VGA adapter in order to connect my Laptop to external VGA monitor. As my laptop does not have any VGA port so have to use an adapter for connecting them. 

I connected the monitor and the laptop through the adapter and with help of an VGA cable but the things didn't worked for me, I tried hundreds of ways, and searched on Internet as well but that did'nt work for me. I've also tried all the software related setting in windows but they also din't worked as well!

All the things I used are 100% working none of them are faulty, even the adapter is working when I checked it on my friend's PC.

There may be many reasons like Analog and digital signals (I seriously don't know about these).

If there is any other way to connect the monitor display, please do help me cause the monitor is of no use. Or if there is any chance of the adapter to be working.

My adapter looks like this.My adapter looks like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your efforts!

But actually yesterday I reinstalled my Integrated graphics from Device manager>Display adapters>Integrated graphics.

And after reinstalling them when I connected the HDMI to the laptop while turning on the monitor, laptop display  suddenly appeared in the monitor.

If there is no hardware issue then there must be a software issue.

Now I am easily able to switch between duplicate, extend, and monitor only.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ghanshyam98,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are facing issues connecting your external monitor to the computer using the HDMI to VGA adapter.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Have you checked the HDMI port using HDMI cable?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

For now, I recommend you update the bios, graphics driver and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it resolves the issue.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your efforts!

But actually yesterday I reinstalled my Integrated graphics from Device manager>Display adapters>Integrated graphics.

And after reinstalling them when I connected the HDMI to the laptop while turning on the monitor, laptop display  suddenly appeared in the monitor.

If there is no hardware issue then there must be a software issue.

Now I am easily able to switch between duplicate, extend, and monitor only.  

HP Recommended

@Ghanshyam98,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.