Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Notebook black screen - auto rotation off

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k120nr (

Hello,

The screen of my notebook is broken. So I can't us it anymore. I bougth the notebook one year ago when I was studying in America, but now I'm back in Belgium. There is no garanty more to replace the screen and the cost is to much to fix it. 

So we thought to use an external computerscreen, but now when we turn the notebook over to cover the screen (is a notebook you can use as tablet), we get the anouncement 'auto rotation on' an so the notebook goes in tabletmodus and we can't use the keyboard anymore...

It's no option to let the screen from the notebook up on 100° because it is in front op the computerscreen and I don't have a large desktop on my studentroom. 

Can somebody help us to get of of the tablet modus and auto rotation? I  tried already something in the settings, but that doesn't help...

Kindly regrets

LARA

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,931 28,884 2,392 3,607
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LARA97

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the notebook screen is broken and you are using an external monitor instead,

you want information on how to get rid of the auto rotation mode (please correct me if I'm wrong)

If I'm right, please follow the below steps:

• Figured out a solution: Win + R -> type 'regedit' and enter
  • Registry editor will open up.
  • Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation
  • Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.
  • Change it accordingly and save,
  • Restart and Auto rotation will stop. 

Keep me posted,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation