Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
AlexGB Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook screen has dark and light patches (like old burnt TV screen) at the bottom of the screen.

Pavillion 15 P0U7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a HP Pavillion 15 P0U7 notebook which has dark and light patches at the bottom of the screen. It has been like this for 4 weeks but the warrenty expired 3 weeks ago. I had assumed it was a setting problem until a friend of mine told me it was hardware. According to UK comsumer legislation. This is an item which is expected to last far more than a year and should still be under warrenty.

Can someone tell me how I get HP to fix this under warrenty. Or whether I need to replace the screen or transducer??..

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13778 910 1550
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Notebook screen has dark and light patches (like old burnt TV screen) at the bottom of the screen.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
AlexGB Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jack

I've tried to upload the photo's you wanted.

But you didn't provide me with a return path for the email.

Tried to load it onto the HP Support web site but photo's

have been rejected.

Please contact me back and tell me how to send you

these photo's.

Regards

AlexGB

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation