Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy [serial number removed] / P1D99EA#UUG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Envy [edit]

Hi,
I'm looking for help with recent problems I encountered on my HP Envy Notebook.

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version: 17134.706 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M and Intel HD Graphics 520.

I think it is a driver issue. It might have been caused by a Windows Update, but I'm not sure of that.

The problems are encountered when using one of the following programs , which were all running fine before:

Avid MediaComposer (hangs and crashes when loading OpenGL settings)

Adobe Audition (crashes when adding a reference video to the timeline)

Cyberlink YouCam (says no compatible VGA hardware or driver found to run YouCam)

Windows says both GPUs work fine.

The first time Avid crashed I installed

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - sp73302 and

NVIDIA Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1709) - sp85045

from the HP hardware detection page and rebooted, which solved the Avid issue.

Avid started again normally and was working fine for 2 weeks.

YouCam and Audition still didn't work. And the Nvidia Control Panel is awefully slow to load, it takes 5-10 minutes.

Yesterday I had the same issue again. Slow Control Panel, Avid crashing while loading OpenGL settings.

The HP Support assistant doesn't offer any help for this problem.

HP Hardware diagnostics fails to run the quick or extended video memory test. There is no 24-digit error code.

It only says test aborted ( LogMessage Debug ERROR: Exclusive Model already set ReportFailure 990363). Windows still says both GPUs are running without problems. I have been using my iPad with Duet software as a second screen in the past.

I uninstalled the graphics driver and deleted all Nvidia folders in Program Files and Program Files (x86) and rebooted. Windows updated the drivers on startup. It still didn't work. So I did a Windows driver update from the device manager and rebooted. Still nothing. So finally I re-installed

NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - sp73302 and

NVIDIA Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1709) - sp85045

without un-installing the actual drivers. Upon reboot Avid launches again now.

I really need to fix these issues as soon as possible. I use this laptop for work only and have several deadlines to meet. I don't think the problem is hardware related, as I manage to get Avid running again. There must be a driver mess up between Windows and HP drivers. Other video programs are working fine.

I am guessing the issue is related to the OpenGL settings / drivers and was caused by a Windows update.

Any help on this is much appreciated. I found multiple forum posts describing parts of my problems (slow Nvidia control panel / LogMessage Debug ERROR: Exclusive Model already set ReportFailure 990363).

Nvidia doesn't provide any drivers on their website for my configuration.

many thanks

Bernd

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Detailed product description: HP ENVY 15-ae100 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

@bbbernd
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,
thanks for your answer.

I had a look at the link you sent but am not able to find a form to create a service order. I already tried all the other solutions proposed on the page (Register product, Hardware diagnostics, Support assistant..). They don't resolve my problems. I still have to try the BIOS update.

I am travelling at the moment and will follow up once I am back.

many thanks
Bernd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.