Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am presently running Windows 10 Pro X64 19002 vb_release. I am facing a problem with Nvidia MX150 which in the device manager is showing code 43 irrespective of whether I download the driver from the HP Support website or not. I have tried everything apart from reformatting my PC which I cannot do since it is my primary computing device. 

I have removed all the drivers, installed the Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver from the HP Support Site, then installed the Nvidia Mx150 1709 Driver from the Hp Support Site and it still shows Code 43. I have uninstalled the driver and tried to install a new driver from the Nvidia website and thereafter my PC refuses to boot and I have to restore it. I have even tried to search on Windows Update for fresh drivers but the Code 43 result is the same. 

I am frustrated beyond belief that something so simple is causing me so much time and effort to resolve. Any help with a step by step verifiable solution would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ColdSteel99

Welcome to HP support community.

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.